Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Demo is winding up


Work progresses.  In fact, I reached a point today where there was simply no more dis-assembly to be done until some assembly takes place.  Let me share some of the day's highlights with you.

The interior banquettes were stuck fast.  As near as I could tell they were screwed from the bottom, up into their framework.  If indeed, that were the case, I needed to crawl under Miss Maizy to release those persnickety  screws.  Under I went:


I have taken to wearing some sort of face mask or breathing apparatus because the dust, the mold, the ... whatever, is very disagreeable.  It causes me to cough and I fear that it is riddled with all sorts of toxic things that I should not breathe.  

As it turns out, the screws were not from the bottom up.  Once I found screws poking out the bottom of Miss Maizy it was clear that they were from the top down.  I went back inside and finally found them,  They were stuck tight and would not budge.  I called in my muscle-bound husband and he managed to get most of them out and then man-handled the remainder.  Except for one screw.  It has gotten the better of the both of us and the banquette is still in place.

Removing the electrical system was one of the last things on my list and it really wasn't so difficult.  One breaker, one small junction box.  Removing a few screws, a few wire nuts and it was a done deal.


And then all hard workers need a beer break.  A little Black Butte Porter is just what was needed.


After the break I went back to stare at Miss Maizy and came to the conclusion that there was simply no more demolition be done.  It is time to start rebuilding sides.  

Tomorrow I must work but when I get home (assuming it's not a killer day) it will be time to measure.  I took photos of every side of Miss Maizy, and I've printed them intending write on them with the length of each piece of wood and each opening size.  



Thursday we go buy the plywood we have selected and get started building sides.  And we will hope my measurements are accurate!

No comments:

Post a Comment